hi

Animal Adoption

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Content:  
LITERAL
(a) I, Briana Arreaga, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) Upland Animal Shelter and Instagram
(c) Mkay
(d) I worked at the shelter since there are no nearby events. Towards the end of my independent component I got the idea to create an Instagram page for the animal shelter. However in order to create the page for the shelter I had to obtain permission from the shelters manager, needless to say the Instagram page came a little late to actually count many hours for my independent component as I would have liked but better late than never.
INTERPRETIVE 


Nothing is better than hands on work. It helps me look at what the shelter is doing to help bring in more visitors to adopt. I really wanted to participate in an event but there were none for the time period I need or close enough. It is hard to present pictures demonstrating the 30 hours of work that I do at the shelter. Mostly since I take pictures of the dogs. But....


Super glad they posted this up. There was this one time I was showing a dog to a man and his son and when I told the boy to let the dog sniff his had he immediately pushed his hand to the dogs nose so fast. I had a mini heart attack. Thankfully the dog was gentle and not easily provoked.
I was invited to choose a dog and join a puppy play time!
For the puppy play time I was told to take out Happy or Wendy and I chose Happy. He was so excited and he loved to chase a ball. He was a ball hoarder XD 
APPLIED
I mostly used this component to help me refine my three answers. For my first answer, which is how to write effective bios, I would look at the bios as the shelter and see the ones they have for certain dogs and which dogs do not have one. I would then create a bio myself for the dogs that do not have one of their own and compare it to a Facebook page I was told about from a volunteer. On the Facebook page they would post pictures and bios of the dogs that are available in the Upland Animal Shelter. As I started to read the bios that are on the Facebook page it blew me away. The bios that are on that page are the bios that I am aiming for, not only for this component but also for my final senior presentation because I will be using the best bios I created to use them as props. For my second answer, how special animal adoption events as a way to promote animal adoption, I wasn't able to use this component. On the Facebook page I found out there was an upcoming adoption event but because of the date that it lands on I would not be able to attend to it. Finally for my third answer which is, advertisement through social medias, I thought halfway through to create and Instagram page. However, when I asked if it was okay for me to create the page they told me I would have to ask John, who is the manager of the shelter. By the time I was able to reach John the component was already coming to an end. Even though it is late I would still love to make the Instagram page to help my animal shelter. All in all this component was able to help me dig deeper into my answer 1 and answer 3 for my eq. Giving me ideas on what to do for my final presentation and without going through this component I would not have had that need to look at the Facebook page fast enough to see that it was worth it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment