hi

Animal Adoption

Friday, February 28, 2014

It's Feburary!

For the month of Feburary I haven't volunteered as much as I would have liked to because my new soccer schedule interferes with the days I can go volunteer at my shelter. However, on a good note, I have been trying to find animal adoption events near where I live because since my second answer is going to be focusing on this it would be good for me to experience an event first hand. I have been to an event where puppies where up for adoption but the event was not focused completely on animal adoptions so that is the type of event I would like to attend and see how it is held. Another thing that I have in mind is to communicate with the manager of the shelter and see if we can either attend or host an event to obtain hands on experience. Also just knowing I would be helping some of the animals find a new home is a great sensation. I love all the animals at my shelter and even though I get sad when they are adopted I am happy they can go to a new home and family. There is this one dog at my shelter, a German Shepard mix I believe, that when I got near his kennel he picked up his food dish and began to walk in circles. It was the cutest thing ever! I was so surprised to see he could do that and could stop squealing. Some days at the shelter can be a little slow but days like these just make me so happy to be volunteering at the shelter. I hope to receive many more pleasant surprises in the following months!

No comments:

Post a Comment