hi

Animal Adoption

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement:
What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?


                I am really proud of my activity because the flyers came out really good, they were all creative and all of the students participated in the activity.

(2) Questions to Consider:
a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?


                AE  

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

                 P   
  
(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

                 What worked for me was not only nav's clicker but also the fact that I knew my answers really well and my hook. I liked the questions I asked because I noticed the students did not know that information.

 (4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

                   I would have liked to practice my foundation more. I had a lot of information that I was proud of but because I got nervous I was not able to say the complete "script" I had for my foundation.

 (5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.

                   The senior project has changed me and the way I look at shelters. Before I would have never though to volunteer at a shelter and even though it can be hard work I love it and I know I will still keep going to volunteer at the shelter. It has also, and sure just like all my other peers, helped me with my presentation skills. When I came in as a freshman I did not want to be noticed, much less speak in front of the classroom. Now, even though I still get nervous, I am able to get my point across and I noticed during my presentation I am able to gaze through out the whole classroom and make some eye contact. My voice is loader and I do not forget half of my information when I need to speak. I know this will not only help me in my future classes and possible job to not be as shy and get out in front of the people and say what I have to say. I also believe that this will also help me with my communication because not only of the mentorship I had, my shelter, that made me speak to strangers to help with their needs. Also having all three presentations, the 10 minute, 20 minute and 1 hour, really did make more confident to be vocal. I am really glad for this project, even though it caused a lot of stress, for all of the new contacts I have created through it and the new abilities I will be able to exercise through out my life. Thank you iPoly!

No comments:

Post a Comment