hi

Animal Adoption

Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:
    Literal
·     Check
·     Upland Animal Shelter
    Interpretive
     The most important thing that I gained from this experience was my new knowledge for shelters and my communication skills. I chose these two because I really did enjoy finding out what it took to maintain my shelter how it is. I liked working in the kitchen and being able to see the big washer and dryer that they have. Also being a volunteer required me to walk up to the visitors and ask them whether they needed my help or not. By attending the visitors that came to the shelter really did help me with my communication skill because I had to force myself to approach them since I am very shy with strangers. In some cases I spoke Spanish to make it easier for some people. I enjoyed seeing myself get better with my people skills, I feel like this experience will improve my presentations skills.
 
   Applied
    What I have done for my mentorship has helped me answer my EQ by seeing and being able to ask questions of how my shelter promotes adoption. Because of the time I would spend at my shelter I would see a couple flyers that were placed on the front desk to advertise for an upcoming event or yard sale that was coming up. I was also able to browse the website that the shelter uses, their Facebook, the cities page, and a page where they put the dogs for people to see which dogs are available. From there I say what they were doing right or what can be improved according to my research. Even though I was not able to apply my new found research suggestions to my shelter I was able to see and understand how advertisement was done for a shelter helping me answer my eq.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment